BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 4

From her niece, Christen

My Memories of Aunt MaryAnn . . .
I do not know where to begin because Aunt MaryAnn had such an impact on my life.  She is just an extraordinary woman with so many talents.  To begin, she and your dad became a second family to me when I moved to Otterbein to go to school.  They would invite me over for dinners and Aunt MaryAnn and I would talk about teaching.  It was only my freshman year but she and I would have some of the best conversations.  She was so willing to help me learn the craft of teaching.  When I was not taking classes or doing observations through Otterbein, Aunt MaryAnn would always invite me to come to her classroom to observe and help out.  What a classroom it was to observe, to this day I still try to be as amazing as she was in the classroom.  She had so many great ideas, so many ways to teach all the different students within her classroom.  Her patience with children is to be commended and was awe inspiring. I enjoyed every minute that I could spend in her classroom watching her teach!
Throughout my 4 years at Otterbein there were many visits, there were even a few times she would help me with my class work.  Over those 4 years I learned so much about being such a wonderful teacher from her.  But most of all I was blessed that at the end of my senior year that Aunt MaryAnn and Uncle Jim took me into their home to live for about 2 months.  Those were my favorite 2 months because we ate dinner together and got to talk so much.  She was helping me with applications and interviews for teaching and giving me as much guidance as she possibly could.  Once I graduated she even hosted my graduation party!
At the beginning of September 2000 I was finally called by Westerville Schools and offered a job.  One of the first people I called was Aunt MaryAnn.  I was so excited to finally have a job and I was going to be a teacher.  I only taught afternoon Kindergarten my first year so I would sub in the mornings.  Aunt MaryAnn always used to request me as a sub when she only had to be out in the mornings.  My first year of teaching was an interesting year and she would always ask me how things were going and I would always seek advice from her.  She was one of the most knowledgeable teachers I have ever known.

0 comments: