BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 4

And another niece, Sara

The thing I love and remember most about Aunt MaryAnn was her genuine interest in people.  The Titus house became a home away from home for me during college.  I didn't visit as often as I would have liked-- even though it was a short drive (or some days a walk) away from Otterbein's campus-- but any time I came for a visit, Aunt MaryAnn dropped everything else and we would just talk.  She was always interested in what was going on in my life and supportive of everything, from music making to becoming vegetarian.  During my sophomore year when I was going through a rough spot, she offered to take me to her yoga class with her.  After class she asked how I was feeling.  "A little like I might puke," I said.  "Yes," she said in her infinite wisdom, "that just means you're purging your emotions.  It was a good class."  She was absolutely right.  I still do yoga when I get a chance and even teach it in my choir and dance classes as a stress management and relaxation tool.  My students love it.  It keeps me grounded.  Aunt MaryAnn was a great listener and a great teacher in so many ways.  She had an amazing way of making you feel important by just listening and sharing.  She had a calming, healing, graceful, and honest presence like no one I've met, and I feel so blessed to have had her in my life.  You brought a lot of beauty to this world, Aunt MaryAnn, and you will be missed greatly.  Thank you for everything! 

With love,
Sara

0 comments: