BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 3

One of Mom's Riverside Angels....

I remember the day I met MaryAnn I was just going about my normal day at work last summer. What became of the encounter was a lovely friendship. After that first encounter, I would save her breathing treatment to be my last so I was assured time to chat with her. When I was assigned to work in another area in the hospital I would take my breaks with her, or sit with her while she ate her meals and be her dining companion. If she wasn't in her room I'd leave cheerful notes. We talked about so much, and so little at times that it seems funny to be telling a story about it. :) I had just bought a house and I was telling her about it and we were discussing quilts I'd like to decorate it with and how wonderful the quilts made her drab hospital room look. She was fascinated that I was both a respiratory therapist and a Reiki practitioner saying, "Wow Dru! You really are meant to be here to heal, you have a *true* healing spirit." I'd never quite looked at it that way but I beamed inside, she was right. I love helping people, and my job. We discussed our love of trees and how healing they are and very special to both of us...I truly felt I met a kindred spirit. We even chatted about Marshmallow Mayonnaise and I told her my daughter loved Webkinz. One of the last conversations I had with her that visit at Riverside was over dinner confiding that you all wanted her to give up on the vegan diet and please just eat anything, just eat...she whispered to me, "Dru this chicken looks really good, do you promise not to tell them that I am going to eat it?" I smiled and I promised...and I think she would be amused to know I waited until now to confess (she did eat it:)...LOL!  I emailed her several times but didn't hear anything and always wondered how she was...then I was blessed to see her name on the floor census in November...and we chatted at 7:30 in the morning where she was surprised about my email, "Oh Rick deleted all of those emails on that account there were just too many, but I didn't see YOURS Dru!" we laughed and she gave me the blog address, spoke excitedly about Skype and about her listing to the left..and did I think she was an external processor? She was very excited about her upcoming art show in March. I came back at lunchtime having come in at the tail end of her beating Jim soundly at a card game. We let him doze in the chair and chatted about my daughter, aspergers, trees, balance, her grandchildren...as well as her plotting ways to talk Dr Granger into letting her stay in the hospital longer. We laughed over wigs, and having the radiation staff try them on and taking pictures...we talked seriously about her journey, hair falling out and how it would make her look...about life and journeys of all types. We made plans for me to visit when she left, and I am sorry our schedules just never matched up to make it happen in time...I truly regret that.  MaryAnn touched my life in a fantastically positive way! I am so glad I stayed in touch with her and will never forget her amazingly strong life energy. I'm sorry for your entire family but I have never met such a close and supportive family with so much love for each other and I know you will make the best of the new journey ahead.

In Peace,Dru Carvi

0 comments: