BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 1

A Note from Jan Franklin

Dear Jen,

There are decades of gaps between when I knew MaryAnn well, and when we became re-acquainted last year. I have loved hearing about her artistic abilities, and her enthusiastic embracing of all life had to offer her right up until God welcomed her Home.

I have been involved with many families through the years, as their loved ones go through this "journey." I want you all to know how impressed I am by your strong bonds as a family, and your determination to be there for your parents throughout all this. You helped MaryAnn keep hope alive, even when you could see her fading.

God bless all of you. You have been and will continue to be in my prayers. 

I have a couple of high school memories to share with you. As students we saw the budding romance between your parents, and it thrilled our teen-age romantic souls! "Sigh! When will that be me?"  When they were newlyweds and Julie was on the way, she was gracious to let us stop by their cottage and visit. She was the first person I ever knew that played music to her unborn child….a practice which I followed , and my boys loved music from the beginning and still do. I learned as much from her example as I did from her words. 

We did make her really angry once, though! It was her 1st year as sponsor of the National Honor Society. It was a rather stupid tradition for all new members to disappear for the rest of the day. Past classes actually went someplace. We nearly suffocated hiding in the backstage dressing rooms. Once discovered, boy were we in trouble!!  One of the only times I ever saw the "wrath" of MaryAnn. I never wanted to "disappoint " her like that again! 

Thank you for all of your openness in sharing. Tell your Dad that my prayers are with him as well. I appreciated your acknowledgment of him and his support through all of this. I am glad he still sings!

Sincerely,
Jan Kennedy Franklin

0 comments: