BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 2

Jen,

Thanks so much for posting our stories about your mom.  Here's mine from the first time I met her....When my daughter, Heidi was in second grade at Wilder Elementary in Westerville, I volunteered in the school library one afternoon a week.  One day, Mary Ann's class came in, and my fellow volunteer motioned for me to come over to the aisle where she was shelving, she crouched down and had me do the same.  Then she whispered to me... "Beg, borrow, steal....do whatever you have to do to get your daughter in Mrs. Titus' class when she is in third grade." My fellow volunteer had had 3 of her children in Mary Ann's classes over the years, I knew those words meant something!I didn't have to "beg, borrow or steal", I just wrote a nice letter to the principal (Harold ?) and Heidi was sitting in Mary Ann's class in the fall of 1992.That was a wonderful school year for Heidi and it was also the start of a wonderful friendship between Mary Ann and I.  I will miss her so much, but she will always hold a special place in my heart.

Dru Gehring

0 comments: